Pulp and Paper Research Institute
ThePulp and Paper Research Institute, Bratislava was established in 1947 with the main target to promote the development of the pulp and paper industry in Czechoslovakia. The Institute has participated in both preparation and implementation of development actions of the Czech and Slovak pulp and paper industry. It has directed towards technological research and development and industrial application, on technical assistance to pulp and paper mills and converting plants, on enhancing the skill of the papermakers and on retrieval and dissemination of professional and economical information. The Institute has gone through several forms of organization, from the research unit of the Slovcepa General Management of the Slovak pulp and paper industry and the state owned enterprise to the joint stock company. The instrumental outfit and the pilot plant equipments of the Institute are of high level. Together with the skill and ability of the Institute staff they help to satisfy many local and foreign partners with the results of work during decades. The Institute and the staff members were awarded by local and international awards for the most important research results. The membership of the Institute and its staff members in international, nongovernmental associations of the pulp and paper industry (CEPI, EUCEPA, TAPPI, CPPA, FEFCO and others) was helpful in gaining the latest scientifical and technical knowledge and enabled to present own results.