CONGRESS REVIEW: And the winners are…. | 22-09-2020 |
The two Brand Owner Challenges by pharmaceutical giant Takeda and international food behemoth Kraft Heinz were hotly contested by over 20 companies. Each company had just three minutes to get their product/concept across to a panel of experts from these Brands. So just doing the Challenge was quite a challenge! Add the fact this was all being done on line then the factor of difficulty was almost off the scale.
In the end it all went off remarkably smoothly, as usual brilliantly coordinated by AIPIA’s Eef de Ferrante, and each Brand chose a ‘top four’ with whom they will continue discussions:
- Aptar CSP Technologies: Active Packaging Management with Three Phase Material for moisture control, scavenging, microbial control, emitters and odour removal.
- Neurotags: providing every item a unique, secure and traceable identity, called NeuroTags code. The solution allows the user to digitally engage patients throughout the medication lifecycle without using an App.
- Design Affairs (Accenture): Understanding the highly complex medication journey. Provide end-to-end embedded communication across packages and enabling circular and responsible product lifecycle through in-house innovation.
- Wiliot: Battery free Bluetooth connected packaging for tamper and temperature sensing, consumer engagement and regimen adherence.
- Adrich: Growing Brands with post purchase consumer insights using IoT and AI. Get the right product to the right consumer at the right time.
- SystechOne: building game-changing Smart Packaging to enhance Brand equity that starts with verified product authenticity using existing barcodes on the packaging.
- Jones Healthcare (Packaging): Creating an engaging experience by re-imagining the once popular ‘in pack’ toy by giving the Brands a fun, displayable object with a home play value that incentivizes reoccurring remote engagement.
- ITENE: Using multilayered structures in packaging materials which are based on biopolymers with reinforcements and additives tailor-made to achieve specific properties for each food application. Materials are compostable and formulated to achieve superior performance, such as barrier properties.
Throughout the Congress TapWow ran a treasure hunt based on hidden QR codes. The prize, a free pass to the next AIPIA (live) Congress was Kimberly Depraetere of Allbox in Belgium. So congratulations to her and we look forward to seeing her -and indeed all of you – at the AIPIA Congress 2021!