NEWS: AIPIA MEMBERS INPUT IS REQUESTED FOR AN IMPORTANT INTELLIGENT PACKAGING PROJECT AT PEPSICO09-05-2018
PepsiCo is interested in learning more about the range of emerging packaging technologies to support scan-based product identification using image based scanners.
All AIPIA members offering services with the specifications below, are requested to reply to Eef de Ferrante (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do NOT reply to this mail.
The applications that are being considered by PepsiCo for use of these technologies include the following:
- Tracking of product movement at throughout the supply chain by manufacturers and retailers.
- Automated, robotics-based tracking of shelf inventory in a traditional retail environment.
- Improved product scanning efficiency for retail point-of-sale check out.
- Enhanced mobile scanning capability to drive consumer-based mobile commerce.
The proposed technologies should consider the following:
- Varied solutions including image recognition and data carrier-based image scanning.
- Applications for both primary consumer packaging and secondary logistics packaging although differentiated technologies for primary vs. secondary packaging can be presented.
- Improvements in scanning accuracy, speed, and ease of use relative to current scanning technologies (e.g., laser 1D barcode scanning).
- Readiness of the technology to scale in a large commercial environment.
This is a unique chance for AIPIA members to get in direct contact with PepsiCo on the highest level. Please contact Eef de Ferrante (email@example.com)News overview